Zvezda 1/72 2 Pdr. AT gun

Ron Bell

I could be wrong, but I think this is the first injection molded model of this famous weapon. There have been white metal and resin kits, but this is the first injection kit. It's part of Zvezda's war game line and like all the other kits in that line, it's pressure fitted assembly as most wargamers don't worry about the niceties of assembly as modelers do. That being said, this is a pretty nice little kit, little being the operant word. As you can see from the one photo, it only measures and inch and a half in length. Out of the box, you can do it in travel or firing configuration as it comes with two bases. In firing mode, the ammo box is depicted open with some rounds visible. I chose to do mine in travel mode and I'm looking for an appropriate 1/72 prime mover to pair it with. There are some short cuts taken such as the site mount being done in one lump piece where it should actually be an open framework, but nothing that detracts overly much from the completed model. A crew of two is also provided. This is my second Zvezda war game model and I must say they are pretty nicely done.

DSCN3119-1.jpg

DSCN3123-1.jpg

DSCN3122-1.jpg

DSCN3120-1.jpg

Well done! I've been meaning to pick one of these up myself. Very good work there.

As for a prime mover, you could use a Morris porter or a Universal Carrier. Both could and did pull these.