Some more SAM's in 1/35th scale

Having just completed the Trumpeter SA-2, it got me thinking of some other SAM's that would be cool to have in that scale.

Nike Ajax, Hercules, Zeus on their respective launchers...all would be very worthy kits to own.

A Hawk battery, even a new Patriot on its transport vehicle.

All of those Nike's though...just good stuff if you ask me.

Bill

About the only other 1/35 SAMs that jumps to my mind in kit form is the AFV Club Chaparral and the Italeri Avenger (and the old Esci Avenger).

I could not think of the name of the Rapier when I was putting that list together. I agree.

Rob, I've got both, the Chaparral and the Avenger kits together. They are also my only armor pieces to date.

Ron, I like those kits you built but they are getting a bit long in the tooth. A Zeus would be a bonus.

• 1 month later...

The Hawk system was also offered in 1/32nd. I built it a few years ago.

I am still trying to collect what I need for a SA-2 site in 72nd. Got the Fan Song, a control van and 3 missiles now (2 of the Airfix kits with the truck and trailer are 76th but I won't tell). Still will probably need to shrink the foot print a little to be able to get it around to contests. And still need some pics of the control trailers.

I am still trying to collect what I need for a SA-2 site in 72nd. Got the Fan Song, a control van and 3 missiles now (2 of the Airfix kits with the truck and trailer are 76th but I won't tell). Still will probably need to shrink the foot print a little to be able to get it around to contests. And still need some pics of the control trailers.

I'm right there with you! I have two SA-2's built, a couple more in the stash and the Spoon Rest radar truck. I need the Fan Song myself. I heard that some of them used the Ural 357 command trucks as the command van, but I haven't been able to confirm that. If they did, I already have the command truck built. One step closer.....

Think the Ural works for a latter set up. I am still deciding between a Vietnam site and an Egyptian on from 72 so will use the Zil I have for that.

One nice thing with the Airfix kit (even though it is 76th) is it comes with the SAM transporter. Got some pics of an Egyptian team loading a launcher and want to include that in my overall dio.

The other missile I have is the Gran kit so would have to put the Airfix ones on one side and the Grans (assuming I find a few more) on the other. Then the difference won't be as noticeable.

• 4 months later...

There's also Panda's 1:35th scale 2S6M "Tunguska", the older Academy M163 "Vulcan" though not a SAM; but an AD gun & AFV Club's M730A1 "Chaparral".

There's also Panda's 1:35th scale 2S6M "Tunguska", the older Academy M163 "Vulcan" though not a SAM; but an AD gun & AFV Club's M730A1 "Chaparral".

I have a Tunguska and an M-163 Vulcan both built in 1/72 scale. If this Thread would be changed to any AA/SAM systems in any scale, I could post pics of all my different SAM/AA systems.

I've done the Revell Nike-Hercules, the Trumpeter SA-6 and the Trumpeter SA-2 on the launcher. A long time ago I built the Vulcan. I've got the M730 Chapparal on my to-do list.

I only do 1:35...too much alcohol and caffeine in my life to do anything else! :)

I built the Airfix Sam-2 many years ago and have a few others to put together. Also picked up one of the Trumpeter versions.

I know it's not a SAM; but Trumpeter's DF-21 kit is a freakin' monster! It's about the size of the old Dragon Scud kit! I've got the Scud on my To-Do list as well.

The Zvezda Topol looks to be a beast, although not a SAM, it might be a must have.

1458516_398008886968588_1082510208_n.jpg

That is definitely on my list of models to get! I do hope they later come out with a Scud launcher and other modern vehicles. Getting this thread slightly back on track; Zvezda could easily do a SAM 6 and ZSU 23-4 Shilka too if they're doing something like this!

Yowza.....must...have....!!!! (Insert similar, Gollum-like obsessive noises here).

Zvezda, you say?

I saw a 1/72 SS-25 with PE for some $300 come and go from the eastern euro realm. Where is this Zvezda kit available?

Edited by VonL

Would like to see some 1/72 Soviet/WARPAC figures along the lines of the multitude of WWII Rooskies out there. Most of the existing few are running, shooting, OOP, etc. The Preiser DDR guys look good, but are way scarce. And of course, too expensive. The big difference is that the modern guys will have AK-47's and boots, vs. the puttees and that PPSH drum clip MG.

Edited by VonL