M38 Willys Model MC Jeep

JimLewis

I wanted to share a model I began recently, a 1:35 scale RC Berg-based conversion of the old Italeri WWII Willys Model MB into the follow-on Model MC Jeep. It's a hodgepoge of parts, but has been entertaining all the way so far. I've got things press-fit and or double-sided taped into place for photos. I have it and a Bantam BRC-40 on the workbench at the same time - hopefully they'll finish up around the same time - this century...

M38Jeeppicweb005.jpeg

M38Jeeppicweb006.jpeg

M38Jeeppicweb007.jpeg

M38Jeeppicweb008.jpeg

Hope you like!

Jim

Thanks guys!

Nice Job Jim. I always wanted to build the M38. I believe Plus Models has/had a conversion as well. If I can pick it up at a reasonable price I'll get one.

Thanks Patrick (I'm a big fan of War Wheels)!

Yes, Plus Models put out a M38 Jeep Conversion too - I reviewed it a few years ago here: http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=3695

In retrospect, I think I was pretty harsh on their product, and it comes through in my review. They probably don't like me very much... :p

Anyway, one day I plan to put one of their conversions through the workbench grindstone, one day...

Hey Jim.

I'm glad you find WarWheels useful. Thanks.

Also, thanks for providing a link to your Plus Model Conversion review. Although it has its weaknesses, I still would like to get one of those conversions. And... if you want to get rid of one of yours, let me know. I have a TON of stuff to trade.

Pat

Pat - send me a private message with an address to send you one!

Jim

Thanks for the kind offer Jim. However, I'd feel better doing a trade instead. Incoming PM.