instructions for mark martin 2000 ford taurus

Hello.

I just started to get back into modeling after many years away. Last friday at my Tidewater IPMS meeting, at the raffle I won a Mark Martin 2000 Ford Taurus revell kit 85-2586. The kit is complete with the exception of the instruction sheet. I contacted revell and they told me that due to the lapse of the contract with Nascar they could not supply the kit instructions. I would appreciate any help in this. I would be willing to pay for copying or postage if paper copies are all that is available. Thank you for any help you could provide.

Robert W. Gregory

Robert,

Did you look on their instructions site? While I am no NASCAR expert, there was this one NASCAR Taurus kit.... Also, I will do a quick look in the 3,000 plus kits I have in the garage.

85-2845 85284500200 #38 Elliot Sadler M&M's Taurus Stock Car

I went to the revell site and looked at the downloadable instruction sheet and no joy. I contacted C/S and asked did they have a copy available and thats when in the reply I was told that because of the contract issue they could not supply parts/instructions or decals.

Robert,

I am not sure what NO JOY means! After searching through 15 boxes of NASCAR kits I found the 2586. The only difference is the cover sheet and decal placement sheet. The assembly steps 1-9 are identical as are the part numbers as the downloadable version of 2845. Do you only need the front and back cover, do you want a original instruction sheet complete, are you not able to print copies off? I need to know what you need and want.

Mark,

Thank you very much. I was unaware of the similarities so I downloaded the instructions, so I should be able to figure out the decals from some photos and the box art. No Joy is a semi official navy communications term. You would use it when you had no luck on something and in the radio log you would see "Sqnd 2 Orestes 4 Megger no joy att" I want to thank everyone for their quick response and help.

Robert,

As a vet, I do know what no joy means......just not as your reference. I have copied the complete instructions and will send them to you.

Mark