Decal Help Needed--british Royal Crest

Rocketeer

Good morning! A newbie here, with a request for info.

I'm working on a science-fiction model set in the Thirties, and I need a decal of the British royal crest (the lion and unicorn thing). Are there any airplane decal sheets out there with such a thing? I'd like it to be somewhere between half an inch and an inch tall.

Hi, Rocketeer,

Welcome aboard the DF. Some of your answers come quick and in great detail here. Others, well . . .

Your best bet for British Royal Crest artwork is on a British Airways modern commercial jet. The 1/144 Revell 747-400 Kit #04204 has the crest printed separately on the decal sheet from the dark blue vertical fin color, but it is printed in SILVER. The 1/144 Revell Concorde Kit #04257 and some earlier issues of the same kit have the silver emblem printed on the blue background. The largest crest I could find was on the British Airways version of the Doyusha 747-200 in 1/100 scale, but the silver crest is again printed on the blue background color. I did not find any good crest examples on Superscale decal sheets, but then I can't claim to have them all.

For size, the 747-400 kit is at the small end of your range at about a half inch. The 747-200 is larger but still under one inch. The Concorde is too small.

You did not mention what color the crest must be for your project. If you can find a good black image in any size, it can be enlarged or reduced on a copier and a custom decal can then be printed. Good luck.

Ed

Keep in mind that if you can find what you want printed on any scannable surface, it can be printed on decal paper. Other possible solutions are: (1) decal sheets for King/Queen's Flight aircraft- although it my be difficult to find one that large or (2) decals dedicated for figure modeling flags,standards, etc. Nick Filippone