My ragtag fleet of ships

I don't have a lot of built up ships. I am going to be starting another one very soon though.

I like the looks of modern ships, they look clean but have a deadly look about them.

The first is the Revell "Lockheed Sea Shadow". Darth Vader meets Stealth on Steroids. Cool model, lousy decals. The real one was just up for sale by the US Government.

Number two is the Academy "USS Oliver Hazard Perry". This is a great kit. I used a WEM resin helicopter and their photoetch sheet on it. You can make a long hull or short hull ship. If you do the short hull you need the "Seasprite" helo on it.

The third build is the Dragon "USS Momsen". Again using a WEM photoetch sheet, I added a remote mine sensing DRV in the DRV hanger bay. I used a piece of nylon stocking to replicate the screen door that is on the ship. I had to change the deck in one spot to be able to add the "Nulka" defense system also. I hand made props out of tin as the kit ones were not even close to what they should look like. Arleigh Burke's are just cool ships.

On to the pics and thanks for looking.

Bill

CIMG0783.jpg

CIMG0784.jpg

CIMG0785.jpg

CIMG0787.jpg

everythingfromcamera358_zps44723a63.jpg

everythingfromcamera362_zps746df310.jpg

everythingfromcamera357_zps62b9c199.jpg

everythingfromcamera283_zps70934ea3.jpg

everythingfromcamera206_zps72db60e9.jpg

everythingfromcamera215_zps40e1d6c7.jpg

Guest PetrolGator

I love Burkes and have one of the DML kits sitting half built. I've had HUGE issue getting the damned thing to fit right. You've done a GREAT job with a dog of a kit there.

Thanks Chris. Yes, I was kind of disappointed when I opened the box and found it was the Panda kit. Oh well.

I keep thinking about getting a Trumpeter kit of an early Flight Burke. Almost pulled the trigger a couple of times.

• 2 weeks later...