Steampunk Figure

Greyhound

Hi all - I am doing a theme night model for the San Diego Model Car Club with a Steampunk theme. I would like to know if 1. Are there any web sites out there dedicated to Steampunk Modeling? 2. Does anyone know if there are a 1/25 scale Steampunk Figure, preferably Male, carrying an outlandish type weapon? I did find the Chronoscope & Reaper minatures web site, but they only do 54mm figures.

Al - Thank you very much for this info! I was at the San Diego Model Expo earlier today and looked for 1/24 - 1/25 scale resin and metal figures that look like they could be converted into Steampunk and ended up buying 2 resin figures. Looking at steampunk figures on line there is a lot of specific details that make them steampunk, so it will be a lot of work. If I can find correct figure it will be easier and quicker [ yes I know as a modeler I should rise to the challenge, but there is only so many hour in the day!]and I want to put effort into the vehicle. Dan

A bit off topic, but I was hoping to meet you down there in San Diego during the show Dan. I'm glad to hear you got something that will work. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Mark - I did actually talk to you for about 30 seconds just when you were coming in to the show. You had been held up by that terrible accident on Interstate-5 north of Oceanside and I was just leaving the show. Many of my LA. area friends were late or did not show-up because of that accident. I was hoping to see if you had finished your Dennis Fire Engine? You always bring ;lots of very interesting models to these shows and I look forward to seeing them. The next show I should be at is MiniCon in Ontario on June 29th and hopefully to OrangeCon later this year. We will be having the Lower left Coast NNL on Saturday August 17th at the Carlsbad California Senior Center. This is a Automotive Model event NNL style with very limited awards, but it is a great event. They have raised $$$ for Victory Junction Camp for Kids plus lots of vendors and some of the best raffle prizes ever. I usually am a vendor at this event. There are really no classes so you just bring what you have and put it on the table. Anyway hope to see you soon. Dan King

• 2 months later...

Hi Greyhound

I think that this may be of interest to you.

A Scratchbuilt Steampunk Monocycle with female figure won best of show at IPMS Scalemodelworld at Telford UK last year.

Go on to the IPMS UK Website to see photos of the category winners.