Floquil Replacement...it really exists

ipmsusa2

Thought y'all might like to know that there is a solution to the Floquil problem. True-Color Paint at http://www.trucolorpaint.com carries 256 colors that are direct

replacements for Floquil. Better, it's a solvent based paint just like Floquil. Haven't used the stuff, haven't even seen a sample, but from what I learned in a telephone

conversation with them is that it comes in 1 and 2 ounce bottles and can even be had in 16 ounce containers. Only difference I've found so far is that some of the

names aren't identical. For example, BSNF Heritage Green in Floquil is simply BNSF Green in True-Color. No color chips online yet but they're coming. They even

have Dust! You can also have a color chart shipped to you for $13.95.

Go check'em out! I can't wait to get my hands on a bottle.

Interesting. I notice that it is a solvent based acrylic. Didn't know that was possible. Also, their FAQ states it dries to a high gloss finish. Wonder if that means no flats? We'll see as the info is released.

Some of the Tamiya paints are touted as "acrylic lacquers"; and maybe this new stuff is too. I know I've been thinning my Floquil with lacquer thinner for years; ever since they did away with Diosol.

GIL :smiley16: