GMC 6x6 CCKW 353 with V-1 Fieseler FI 103 RE -3

BryanKrueger

Normally I build SciFi - Maschinen Krieger to be specific, but for the last year I've been very interested in Military Models. This is my latest project. The 1/35 Tamiya GMC 6x6 with the Bronco V-1 Flieseler. I used a minimum of PE on the 6x6 as the kit didn't really need it. The V1 has a detailed cockpit but you'll never see it. Figures are Verlinden with some head swaps. Models are painted with Tamiya Acrylics, weathered with oil paints, MIG Pigments, and AK enamels. Figures are painted with Vallejo Model Color.

Cheers,

Bryan

cckw_01.jpg

cckw_02.jpg

cckw_03.jpg

cckw_06.jpg

cckw_10.jpg

Additional images can be found here: Tamiya 1/35 CCKW 353

These guys are looking for the direction signs to the Bonneville Salt Flats. Let's see what a pulse jet truck can do! ;)

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Great job. If you had placed the model on a base and background, the photo could be mistaken for the real thing. Love the weathering and the little details.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you imagine the noise level the pilot would have had to endure? It must have been deafening being that close to the intake and those shutters opening and slamming shut thousands of times a minute.

Thanks a lot everyone. :D

Can you imagine the noise level the pilot would have had to endure? It must have been deafening being that close to the intake and those shutters opening and slamming shut thousands of times a minute.

If I ever find myself buckeled into a missile, noise levels would be the last thing I'd worry about. The top of my list would how the heck do I get out of this thing?! :smiley5:

• 2 months later...

I love it, great idea.

From what research I've done, a long time ago, the plan was for the pilot to line-up with his target then bail out of the V-1!! Yea, right.

Timmy

I love it, great idea.

From what research I've done, a long time ago, the plan was for the pilot to line-up with his target then bail out of the V-1!! Yea, right.

Timmy

I spent my Military career working on flight decks of US Navy Aircraft carriers. One of the biggest dangers was getting to close to the intakes of jet engines. I don't see how anybody could bail out of that thing with the intake right above your head. I agree with you on this one Tim. Your dead on when you say, "Yea, right"!!!!!

:gray-plane:

Chris

That is spectacular! The weathering makes this so realistic looking. I wish I could get that effect! Way to go!

Did you bring this to Colorado? I saw one of these on the tables; just wondering if it was yours.

I love it, great idea.

Timmy

I spent my Military career working on flight decks of US Navy Aircraft carriers. One of the biggest dangers was getting to close to the intakes of jet engines. I don't see how anybody could bail out of that thing with the intake right above your head. I agree with you on this one Tim. Your dead on when you say, "Yea, right"!!!!!

:gray-plane:

Chris

They could have always gone out the bottom like the early F-104's or just do what Japan did on the Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka cherry blossom and forgo the pilot recovery issue.

Edited by sumterIII

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the late replies. Jeeze - Aug 27th. :blush:

Phil - The Tamiya 1/48 GMC is a nice kit. There should be several 1/48 V1s to choose from.

Chris, Tim, Chris - Thanks guys appreciate it.

Mark - Yes, I did bring this to Nats in August. It was mixed in with all the other nice trucks. Pretty sure mine was the only one with a missile in it. :smiley2: BTW - it also appeared in the FSM IPMS show report issue. I was pretty excited about that.

Yes, it does need a base. One base at a time. :smiley2:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...