Monogram 1/35 Deuce and a half.

Ron Bell

Moving along in my Monogram project, here's their Deuce and a Half they called "Eager Beaver". It went together pretty well with only a couple of problem, all minor. Nicely detailed kit for it's age, it is the only one of their military series that did not have figures included. Perhaps other releases of it did, but this one, the green box, did not. Even the decals worked. They're thick, but they went on fine to the flat surfaces that prevail.

I've only got an M-8 Armored car and the Grant Tank left to do. I've got the M-8, but the Grant is hard to find and when you do, it's expensive. I'll keep looking, but for now, the M-8 is up next.

DSCN3030.jpg

I just noticed in this photo that the canvas top is crooked. It's removable, so it just didn't get set on correctly. I just have to re-position it.

DSCN3031.jpg

DSCN3036.jpg

DSCN3035.jpg

Edited by Ron Bell

As always, a great job on these classic kits. I especially like the shading on the tires and the canvas cover.

Nice job, Ron. I did one recently, I was inspired by a visit to the US Army Transportation Corps Museum at Ft. Eustice, VA. I highly recommend a visit there if you are even remotely interesting in anything the Army uses/used to move men and materiel.