canberrasig

Hi All

This is the latest and I think, the last of the Satellite calibration Canberra. It's built using the 1/72 Italeri B.57B and as before home made markings.

DSC04125_zpsd364ebba.jpg

And the three amigo's

DSC04126_zps09c7d9ef.jpg

John

I noticed that the USAF did a similar thing with a B-36 during the mid 1950's. Source: B-36 Peacemaker in Detail and Scale, author Wayne Wachsmuth. Nice Trio!

Mark Fiedler

Edited by aAzZ09

Wow! That's three eye catching Canberras! What method did you use to make those markings yourself? I bet there's some people who might be interested in buying some from you too. Thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Love it.

Thank you chaps! Gil, the method used to produce the markings was basically, after a long search on Google I found some of the more tricky markings like the "daisy" and concentric circles. The oblongs and squares were done on MS paint. Then the various parts were put on a word document for sizing, then printed off on ink jet decal paper. I used white decal with a black area around the image so I could paint up to the shape. Although I'd used white decal I painted the area where they were to go white as the colour is not dense enough to cover over black. The hole lot was then covered with Humbrol Matt varnish rattle can. Job done! :D

I noticed that the USAF did a similar thing with a B-36 during the mid 1950's. Source: B-36 Peacemaker in Detail and Scale, author Wayne Wachsmuth. Nice Trio!

Mark Fiedler

That's interesting Mark, I'd like to see that beast! The B.57 Canberra, like her British sister was involved in a lot of interesting trials with some nice paint jobs.

John