Hasegawa Ki-61 Hien

Jeff Herne

This is a prime example of 101 things all going right...

100_3129.jpg

100_3122.jpg

100_3125.jpg

100_3126.jpg

I used all but 4 parts from the Eduard Big Ed set (replaced the flap stringers with styrene stock and the linkages with wire).

I used a new Alclad method for the first time, using a brand-new airbrush.

I added Mastercasters resin wheels and exhausts.

I had a blast building this model, although I screwed up a decal, and the yellow ID panels refused to dry, so the heavy chipping was where huge thumbprints once reigned supreme over the finish.

Next project - NMF P-47...

J

Nice work Jeff. The balance of wear and exhaust is just right. I can appreciate the flap work. Did that on an older Tayima Zero a while back. Tricky to cut then all the same shape/size. Did you mask the canopy with tape or use precut masks?

Thanks for posting

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Great Job Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking into those results for you.......you can PM Ed Wahl too..........he still may have the results copy.

Beautiful Jeff. Bring it along if you get over here to Kalamazoo next October. A great job on the NMF of the Tony. Love it!!! What did you use to bring out the subtle panel line effect? Maybe Warpigs Washes? :D

Thanks guys - Warpigs washes in the panel lines, and some light scrubbing of the panel lines with a Q-tip and some Faded Panzer Gray.

Jack, I got the results from Ed, thanks!!

J

Absolutely. Warpigs, Piglets, Washes, decals, Mastercaster's Resin parts, and RB Productions parts.

I might bring some of the stash to liquidate too, I just learned that I have a cracked engine block... :-(

Great Job Jeff!

What scale?

I've had my eye on that scheme for a while now, but have to clear out some of the "way too old" projects before I can think about starting a new one!