Panda Hobby 1/35 M-ATV MRAP

sumterIII

I read the side-by-side article Fine Scale Modeler did. It is better than the Kinetic kit but requires a lot more work with PE than the Kinetic kit. I got the Kinetic one because it was $40 delivered via eBay and the accuracy issue of that kit doesn't bother me.

Edited by RGronovius

Thanks for the info, with a CROWS II mount Kinetic could be a good kit to work with. I don't think anyone makes the net armor, have you seen that anywhere?

Hey Robin, saw the Kinetic on ebay so I ordered that version. Reviews said it came with the radios and other gear for the inside where as Panda did not. Thanks for the tip.

The Panda kit is on sale at Squadron for $30 + $6 something for shipping this week on the web only. So price wise, they are about the same.

figures, on sale after I already bought.

The Kinetic kit came today, looks pretty good from the first look. Minor PE set and a few decals, but the part count is way more than I expected for a kit like this. The last time I did anything like it was a British QUAD Gun Tractor from Tam with the 25pd gun in tow. Not nearly as detailed or big as this one. I ordered the resin wheels from Blast which should be a big improvement over the rubber tires. I also ordered the CROWS II from Blast but the Kinetic kit has option for a 50 or SAW in the turret so I may end up getting a Panda kit and using the CROWS on that one. This armor stuff can be as bad as ships causing a person to drop deep into the abyss of wallet depletion.

Edited by sumterIII

I don't care enough about the subject matter to want to do anything more than an OOB build, but I can see the temptation with all the nice goodies available for either kit.