New Jeep Standard!!!!!!

Mark Aldrich

If you are looking to get a Jeep, Bronco's new releases are worth looking into. The GPW I reviewed is a GREAT kit and well worth the investment. I am sure The newer release with the 37mm and Soft Top is just as impressive!

You are correct Mark. I have the Bronco Jeep with Trailer and it appears to be THE standard as you state. Coupled with the fact that a buddy of mine, who is a Jeep "expert", states the same based on a comparison with the Tamiya kit (which is still really nice).

Patrick,

Nothing wrong with the Tamiya kits. Other than the fiddly PE (my model building bane). This kit is just so great because of all the different options you can build!

I got the Tamiya kit in my stocking around Christmas of 1999 or 2000. At the time, the Italeri kit was one of my favorite Jeep models. That was a pretty good kit coming from the 1980s, but the Tamiya kit was much better. I assume the Bronco kit will be about as much better than the Tamiya kit as it was better than the Italeri.

YEP!!!! I want to come to your house for Christmas!!!!! You must have a HUGE stocking!

If they fixed the glaring issues from their first Jeep, I am sure it is a gem!

If they fixed the glaring issues from their first Jeep, I am sure it is a gem!

I thought the SAS Jeep was the first one; the one that got ripped a new one. It was the armored Jeep that got the retooled corrections, wasn't it?

If my memory serves me correctly, the first SAS Jeep by Dragon was by Cyberhobby and that's the one that got slagged. All others have been corrected from what I understand.

The first was the Desert Raider 6681

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/cyberhobby/ch6681.html

Here is the armored Jeep review 6714

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/dragon/dr6714.html

Greg,

No one expects reviewers to be knowledgeable (at least I hope not). I am more concerned with how the kit goes together more than I am about whether the hull angles are at 57 degrees as opposed to 56 degrees. To me, If it looks like a Jeep then it is. The IDF never used the cut grill versions so I wasn't all that bent about the reviews over it. They mostly used the CJ2 and GPW style. However, including a trailer and not including the socket that attaches the "not inlcuded cable" to the Jeep is important.

Best reviews are those written by someone who is not only skilled in modeling (not necessarily a master modeler) but also familiar with the subject at hand. While I am not a rivet counting know-it-all who would dismiss a kit because of the wrong number of bolt heads on a sprocket, I would like to know basic accuracy issues in regards to shape, dimensions, details, etc. as well as overall assembly issues.

Ah, so the subsequent SAS Jeep (non-CH) is okay then?

From what I understand Rob, yes.

Those "good ones" include the American Jeeps and the subsequent DML SAS Jeep too: SAS 1/4 Ton 4x4 (Jeep) Commander's Patrol Car Model Kit (6724). FYI, they also just announced another version as well: SAS 1/4 Ton 4x4 (Jeep) Patrol Car with Crew Model Kit (6745).

Edited by Warwheels