Airfix Lynx completed

WildBill50

Done, done,done!

This was a great model. No real problems at all. Minimum filler, no muss, no fuss.

The detail is unbelievable; raised rivets, recessed panels. The decals from Cartograph are really nice and in register. You can read the stenciling under magnification. I painted it with MM Enamels...Medium Sea Gray, Dark Sea Gray and RAF Dark Green. Added, were seat belts and that's it. Get one if you like helos. 5 stars.

Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Bill

CIMG1130_zpsa8df8034.jpgCIMG1129_zps1220c5f4.jpgCIMG1128_zps5a09a35a.jpgCIMG1127_zpsdcc8b24c.jpgCIMG1125_zps1eb4ad64.jpgCIMG1124_zps3cbaa72c.jpgCIMG1123_zpsbf6f781b.jpgCIMG1122_zpsf575d5d7.jpgCIMG1118_zps3defdaec.jpgCIMG1117_zpsfd0e6bd8.jpg

Thank you for the comments.

David, the paints I used were MM enamels. The overall color is medium sea gray. The rotor is painted RAF dark green with jet exhaust leading edges.

Thanks for looking.

Bill

Very very nice Bill. Best,

Mark (aAzZ09)

Thank you Mark. The hardest part of this build was putting on the decals for the two Sea Skua missiles. 30 decals per missile...I "only" used 20. I wanted to use all 4 missiles but the two were enough fun. The mines only had 5 decals apiece.

I tried to capture the look of the sand screens in front of the engine intakes by different methods. The kit part is a clear piece that looks like a window...not a good look. I tried cutting out the "screen" area and file down the edges and use fine screen to replace said area...not enough frame work to attach the sceen. I finally used clear flat paint in the screen area and painted the framework. It gives some depth by being opaque enough to kind of see through it, but cuts down on the shiny glass look...overall I am very happy on how it looks. Most of the builds I see have the parts painted to look like a inlet cover. I was able to play around with the pieces after getting a second set of clear parts from Airfix because of the short shot nose glass that didn't form. I used these extra pieces to test the various ways of the screens.

Anyway thanks for loooking.

Bill