M.A.K. Nutrocker Hovertank 1/72 scale

Hello everyone!

I got this as a Secret Santa gift on another Forums. This is my SF3D M.A.K. Nutrocker Hovertank. I had it all completed and took these pics:

Nutrocker_Hovertank_I.JPG

Nutrocker_Hovertank_II.JPG

Then, as I was arranging to take more pics of some finished models; several paint bottles, other bottles, tools and such decided to start an avalanche off my hobby desk. After replacing everything back on the desk, I found that the hovertank had mysteriously lost it's radar dish. Not the one that looks like a window frame; the other one. I searched for hours and couldn't find something that big! So I said 'screw it!' (or words to that effect) and scratched built a new radar dish.

Here's how the new one looks:

Nutrocker_Hovertank_repd_I.JPG

Nutrocker_Hovertank_repd_II.JPG

I don't know why this is so yellow in the second pics. I tried editing the pics to show how it really looks in real life. The first two pics show it the way it looks in person.

Now this thing is finally done! Thanks all for looking in! This was an excellent and most unique gift! (And it is STILL in my scale!)

NOW you will find that radar dish, probably as you step on it and hear and feel a crunch as it reshapes itself into a new contour. That's a neat looking model. I admit I have never seen one before, either as a kit or built. Great work and nice recovery.

Ed

Thanks for the great replies guys! I appreciate it.

Ed, so far... nothing. I guess I still have to wait for the carpet monster to finish digesting it. Same with one of the wheels to my little 75mm pack howitzer. I had that one finished, but then lost the whole wheel assembly. Found one wheel and axle, so it still remains unfinished after being finished.

Looks good Mark.

I found one of these in my LHS and snatched it up. Still contemplating getting it's 35th scale brother.

The one thing that always bothered me about the design was the turret. I am sorry but I just think it should have a decent looking gun. So I am probably going to borrow the turret from one of the Robotech kits I got at the same time and modify that a bit to make a regular manned hover tank. Hopefully I can get it done before Wonderfest.

I agree about the turret Phil. I kept wondering where the main armament was when I first saw this thing. After building it, I can see where it is, but it just gets lost in all the other items. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.

One of the neat things about these kits are to see if you can identify some of the detail bits that were taken from other modeling kits like the German tank engine deck. I have this kit, but have not built it. It's supposed to be 1/76, but since it is fiction, it could be any scale you want.

Good looking build.

Yeah, I was noticing a few things while I was building it. I saw the box labeled this as 1/72 scale, but like you said; it can be any scale you want it to be. I do have the little armored suit that came with this kit still to finish. I should get it done soon.

Thanks for the reply Rob.