Sign in to follow this  
rogerp

Recommendations needed

What is the best Avro Lancaster bomber kit available in 1/72? I am leaning towards the Hasegawa Mk l/ Mk lll.

Need your input please.

I think Airfix may have just released a NEW mold Lancaster in 1/72. If so, check it out, as their new stuff is getting rave reviews and would cost WAY less than a Hasagawa Lancaster! Good luck!

GIL :smiley16:

The Airfix ndew-tool Lancaster (just released a couple days ago) is the Dambuster, not a generic Lancaster. Airfix also has a new-tool Lancaster B.II on the release schedule.

Of the current 3 -- Airfix, Hasegawa, Revell -- each has pluses & minuses, supporters & detractors. I'd read some build reviews and compare what they say to what you want from your model.

FWIW, I'll always take the Airfix and scrub it up the way I want. I am awaiting the new-tool kits, but it'll be hard to give up on 'G' for George ....

In answer to the OP, with no restrictions on budget, and "best" being a combination of "ease of build", and accuracy, go with Hasegawa.

The new Airfix is way more accurate in the canopy than Hasegawa: It is the one to get by far, except for the limits of the version offered... G.

Sign in to follow this