Civilian aircraft

I have a few...

100_0608.jpg

1/48 Testors/Hawk OV-10, done in CA Forestry markings with Draw decals.

100_0630.jpg

Scratched most of the interior. Hardest part was cutting the canopy pieces apart. VERY brittle clear styrene!

100_1067.jpg

"Iron Maiden" Boeing 757, 1/144. Built this one just 'cause it's cool!

100_2596.jpg

1/48 Academy P-38F civilian race plane "White Lightning", with home made markings. Built this one for my dad. FYI: This plane is still flying, but is now the beautiful Red Bull Lightning with a polished NMF!

I have a couple of more airliners, but need to take pics of them. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Sweet! Those rock Gil! Man, I'm still trying to get such a clean white coat. You've given me incentive to keep trying; your white coats are such a joy to look at!

Thanks for the kind words Duke! I use Model Master gloss white, thinned with lacquer thinner, and almost always put it on over a primer coat of aluminum or silver of some kind. It usually takes 2-3 wet coats to get the color density I like.

GIL :smiley16:

Gil, nice work on the Bronco, cool fire bird. Not a big Iron Maiden fan but the jet rocks. Was the P-38 part of the CAF? I saw theirs fly when the were still the Confedrate Air Force, almost the same markings.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Gil, nice job on all of them...especially the OV-10. As for White Lightning, it was part of the CAF. Then Red Bull bought it. I believe I recall hearing that White Lightning crashed, suffering substantial damage, which is how Red Bull got their hands on it. They bought it and restored it. Anyone know differently?