Ironwirght's 1/350 USS Barney

burner12

I heard White Ensign's Benjamin Stoddert is sold out, but Ironwright has a Barney for sale as does L'Aresnal. I've never heard of those 2 and was wondering are their any reviews of those kits? I'm hoping I can find a kit that allows you to build different Adams class variants, such as twin missile launchers, and not a single,

I heard White Ensign's Benjamin Stoddert is sold out, but Ironwright has a Barney for sale as does L'Aresnal. I've never heard of those 2 and was wondering are their any reviews of those kits? I'm hoping I can find a kit that allows you to build different Adams class variants, such as twin missile launchers, and not a single,

I can't speak to the quality of either of those kits. However, I have built several Iron shipwright kits. The casting of the kits I built was less than desirable due to many air bubbles in the bottom of the hull and a few bubbles now and then on their small parts. Another contention with Iron Shipwright that has always bothered me was their instructions. The models I built, the instructions were minimal at best, and not that well drawn. Maybe things have improved at IS, so perhaps someone else could pipe in. In short, if you have good references, the problems I encountered in my builds could be off set. Also, IS has a very good replacement policy on all their products, so if you get something really messed up, a replacement is never a problem.

L'Arsenal's kits I built were well cast and the instructions, while not perfect, were clear and straightforward. FWIW.