Any stuff available to spruce up the old Revell F-16A?

RGronovius

This is the old 1/72 scale kit, circa 1976, that came with the red, white & blue scheme or gray camouflage.

It includes a removable engine on a stand and a tractor tug.

It was the first and only F-16 I had ever built (way back in 1976) and saw one for sale and grabbed it for just a few dollars.

The decals are looking old, but may be usable. Any appropriate USAF generic markings out there that may work for this kit?

I'm not looking to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, just visiting nostalgia lane.

Any F-16A decal sheet will work, I know that Microscale, Superscale and Twobobs have/had those at one time. You could also make it into a Dutch or Taiwanese jet if you want to. Eduard had an etched brass set out for the A model as well. Search for F-16A accessories on Sprue Brothers or Hannants and you should find some good stuff.

Hope this helps

Add to the list, decals from Isradecal, Aztec, Syhart, Daco and others. I have 84 on my database. Enjoy. Regarding detail bits, Quickboost has some neat seats, and Isracast has a fairly complete conversion kit. I would follow Tim's suggestion to take a look at Eduard. Also, look at Aires for some resin.

Thanks for the information. I doubt I'll look for any aftermarket items like resin or PE. The price of that stuff would more than equal buying a better kit. I was mainly concerned about decals to replace the nearly 40 year old kit decals.

I did find some F-16 decals in my collection. I had no idea I had them, they are Two Bobs decals for a 1/48 scale "How's my driving?" F-16 from that TV recruiting commercial for the Air Force. I believe I won those in a club raffle or show raffle about a decade ago. Maybe I should look for a kit to stick those on...

I'll do some searching at the Two Bob site to see if they have 1/72 scale decals like those.