My Birthday Present to Myself.

Mark Deliduka

For about five or six years now, I've been taking model kits and tools down to St. Crispin's Irregulars Hobby Day that is held in a local Knights of Columbus Hall down in Anaheim. While there, I get to spend the day working on my models for as long as I want. At one time, we were opening up once a week which really helped my productivity tremendously. Dora's assembly was a lot faster because of those Hobby Days. I do still go to Hobby Days, but we only have them twice a month now. It's the only place I can work on Dora, given the size of this thing!

One of the issues I kept having was that I couldn't find a toolbox that was able to carry everything I needed to do what I wanted to do. I'd tried different boxes from Hardware toolboxes from Home Depot; to arts & crafts toolboxes from Michael's or Aaron Brothers Art Marts. Nothing worked to my satisfaction.

Finally, after stopping in to a Sports Chalet just before my birthday to pick up something for my physical therapy, I decided to check out the fishing dept. for tackle boxes. I found the perfect one for $59.95. A bit pricey, yes, but it works out perfectly!

Here it is; in this pic the front is open showing the three drawers holding a number of my tools, including channel locks for opening up stubborn paint jars:

Hobby_Toolbox_I.JPG

The top has compartments holding all my most-used tools:

Hobby_Toolbox_II.JPG

Underneath the top is the compartments holding my paints and other supplies. Most importantly, the left side is a deep section that holds all the taller bottles that never could fit satisfactorily in all the other boxes that I tried out:

Hobby_Toolbox_III.JPG

Now I can fit everything I need and then some; and it all stays organized! Man, I love this! Going to Hobby Days are far more enjoyable now.

That's all I got from myself. A number of models were given to me by some good friends at Hobby Day as well:

Birthday_2013.JPG

Yeah, it was a good birthday!