Academy 1/72 Stryker

cbush

I just thought I'd post a picture from my review which will be up in the future. I'm proud to say that I only spent an hour of carpet crawling time on this build.

stryker-a.jpg

Looks good, I wonder when the MGS version and slat armor will come out? Any build problems?

Rob

The biggest challenge (for me) was the suspension, but only because there are several tiny parts for each wheel position, and my vision and dexterity was taxed to the max. Other than that it's a joy to build.

Eduard does a slat armor set for the trumpeter kit that will probably work with this one.

:D Great work friend. I would like to see more pics.

Regards,

Rodolfo

I have fixed the carpet crawling issue. Well, most of it anyway. I attempt most of my building on the carpet and cover it with a cheap white bed sheet. It allows almost any plastic or metal part to be quickly retrieved. I have my desk but it usally isn't used anymore. I am more comfortable on the floor. The Stryker looks awesome but is way too small for my eyes and fat fingers.

:D Great work friend. I would like to see more pics.

Regards,

Rodolfo

Thanks Rodolfo.

There are several pictures in the review which should be up soon.

Nice work Chuck, Is the suspension as fiddley as the Revell Fuchs, or Lynx?

Nice work Chuck, Is the suspension as fiddley as the Revell Fuchs, or Lynx?

Thanks Tim

I haven't built either of those, but it is IMHO fiddley.

• 5 weeks later...

Saaayyy there, that's an awesome build!! Missed this one, great job cbush. Reminds me a lot of the "Roadmaster" from "Damnation Alley", very similar shape. Lot's of nice details on this, and very cool looking, love it!! :smiley20:

Saaayyy there, that's an awesome build!! Missed this one, great job cbush. Reminds me a lot of the "Roadmaster" from "Damnation Alley", very similar shape. Lot's of nice details on this, and very cool looking, love it!! :smiley20:

Thanks Simon. I was a fun build.

Chuck

• 4 years later...

nice model , i have 6 !!!

3 assembled (for war games ) ,recomended model .

Archived