Airbrush Peripherals...

Kranman

Just one question: Are Badger and Paasche air hoses interchangeable? Being a longtime user of Badgers, I'm curious if I'd need a fittings swap-out as the new Talon from Paasche intrigues me. The gravity-feed looks like a feature I'm in need of at this point in my hobby...

Many thanks for any input!

Frank

Why not use snap-on connectors at the compressor or tank? I have two brushes that I use regularly (one for paint, one for Future) and I simply pop the connection of one loose and connect the other.

They are not, but as stated above, there is an adaptor. I have four airbrushes, and a guy in our club, an engineer, designed something that I call the Hydra that allows me to have all four brushes hooked up at the same time. Total cost in parts was about $15 dollars. It does make painting easier, not having to go back and clean a brush or switch connections when painting several different colors. It really makes the current "shading and paneling" style paint jobs easier. I'll try and take a picture of this thing and post it here. I love it.

It's not a deal-breaker (not being the same connection) and a "hydra" sounds like a good solution, if it's what I see in my mind's eye. I'm coming to the conclusion that a gravity feed is the next step as I cannot get the control I need from my Crescendo. Since it's a simple question of fittings, there are couple good outlets locally where I can get them and make my own "hydra".

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the "Hydra" that a modeling friend designed for me. I have 4 airbrushes hooked up and running at once. About $15 in parts and took 15 minutes to assemble. You have to make sure you use thread tape to avoid excess air leakage.

hydra1.jpg

hydra2.jpg

I think this is DEFINATELY symptomatic of AMS...!

I would agree, but I just love it. I had the idea for a few years, but it took a fellow club members, and engineer for Lexmark, to actually tell me how to build it. He even sent me a link to a website with all the parts to order. Since I hooked it up, painting has been a lot easier. Best thing I've done for my modeling since I bought a Pace airbooth.

I like the hydra idea. Can you add shutoff valves to each airbrush fitting? I use a CO2 tank and would be concerned with the CO2 leaking from the other airbrushes not in use.

Hi:

Also highly recommend the Badger Renegade- same work as there Sotar 20/20

http://www.ipmsusa2.org/reviews/Products/b...de-velocity.htm

Dave

Just read the review...

And I want one.

I could kick myself in the rear for not buying a Sotar 20/20 when they have them for 90 bucks in the Badger Garage Sale section last year.

I like the hydra idea. Can you add shutoff valves to each airbrush fitting? I use a CO2 tank and would be concerned with the CO2 leaking from the other airbrushes not in use.

I guess you could, but since it was designed for me, I'd have to ask the guy who designed it. I don't see why not.

I will tell you that I get very little air leakage. I have a silent compressor with air tank and automatic on off switch. When I have the compressor on and am not using the brushes, the compressor doesn't kick on very often to refill the tank, meaning I am losing little air. You still would shut the air off at the tank when not in use, just as I shut my compressor off when I am not airbrushing, but as long as you do a good job with thread tape and tightening the fittings, I don't think you would lose much air from your tank while you had your main valve open.

Tape and tight fittings do lots of wonders. But If your die hard into finding leaks, use dish soap and water, and apply liberally to all connections to find the leaks.