Beaufighter anyone?

jinx46

I was wondering if anyone has made a Bristol beaufighter in 72nd scale and what the kit used was.

Today I played around with flightsimulator (FSX), took screenshots of Dave Garwood's Beau and made some color profiles using Photoshop from the flight sim screenies. I attach them here. The singanture Serge Birkin is a pseudonym I often use in my art work.

Regards,

Nick from Greece

post-1987-0-68347500-1360444191_thumb.jpg

post-1987-0-44583500-1360444203_thumb.jpg

Edited by jinx46

One more profile will be uploaded in the future...

Edited by jinx46

I don't build 1/72, but would be VERY surprised if Airfix (or Matchbox) didn't make a Beaufighter. I fact, I'd expect several variants to be available. Tamiya makes a very nice Beaufighter in 1/48, and then there's the venerable (and hard to find) 1/32 kit by Revell from the 60s-70s era..

GIL :smiley16:

Matchbox did a late model Beau with the radar nose and it's a typical Matchbox kit. Airfix did an earlier one that is actually not that bad of a kit considering it's age. I think Frog did one, but that was pretty toy-like. None of these have anything approaching an interior.

This is the Airfix one.

DSCN1554.jpg

Ron,

Your model looks every nice indeed.

I had made the old Frog one, which was motorised. I still have its props and motors. And my cousin had made the oiginal and very old Airfix one.

The Hasegawa is probably the best of all as it is newer.