Skyline Gt-r

JayMesawitz

Chris,

my rig is not as great as i would like. but I'll snap a couple pics anyway. I have my eye on the Tamiya paint stand (spring loaded). It looks superior to my so-so design and only runs about $18. Not as cheap as a scrap or 1 by 4 and a coat hanger but not bad either.

paintstand.jpg

Chris,

my rig is not as great as i would like. but I'll snap a couple pics anyway. I have my eye on the Tamiya paint stand (spring loaded). It looks superior to my so-so design and only runs about $18. Not as cheap as a scrap or 1 by 4 and a coat hanger but not bad either.

paintstand.jpg

That does look like a good set up. Yours seems to do the job just us well. Thanks for the reply

Chris

This project is complete. I am very happy with the engine bay area. It came out better than my initial vision. All four wheel sit firmly on the ground so that is a plus. The body finish is a little weak. The clear coat is just not as smooth as I would want. And sadly that is a killer on contest day. I may polish the clear coat a little more to see if it will buff out but my hopes are low.

Here are two shots and a slide show of the build start to finish.

IMG_6694-vi.jpg

IMG_6689-vi.jpg

Skyline Gtr build slideshow

Thanks for all the kind comments and thanks again for looking.

Chris,

so here is my auto body paint stand. It is two wires threaded through four holes. This prevents the out-turned prongs from spinning when under a load.

IMG_6692-vi.jpg

IMG_6693-vi.jpg

I think I like yours better than the Tamiya one. Excellant work on the engine bay ( in the other photos.) Whats your next project? Thanks for the photo diary of this build

Chris