Three Warriors

Thanx Duke! This thing really has a presence and I wanted to do it justice. Some parts were severely heat damaged when I started, so there was a bit of imagineering to fix those.

Paint for this one started after being very careful and patient to hide the various seams and position the arms as closely to those of the real sculpture as possible. The guy's wrist holding the M-16 broke twice and got a piece of brass epoxied inside to keep it together. The base and each figure got a general overcoat of flat black (or was it maybe that super-dark Rustoleum camo-brown; can't remember). Then, a thinned coat of Testors Rust Brown was airbrushed from the upper sun-angles with the intent of accentuating shadows by subtly imparting a bronze tone to the highlighted surfaces, cheekbones and such. Then, MM SAC Bomber Green was thinned and shot over just the areas of the uniforms and equipment, being careful to avoid the skintone areas, while holding a hand-cut piece of paper as a mask, at various angles. The weapons were protected from all of this overcoat treatment to remain black. Finally, before actually mounting the figures, the whole thing was subtly highlighted with Rub-N-Buff Spanish Copper (I just love this stuff), to impart the metallic effect.

Thanx for the kind words.

• 2 weeks later...

This is Lindberg's "Three Fighting Men" kit (also OOP, so I guess it counts for March, too), but there are a couple on Ebay now for about $20.

Thanx for the kind words.

Edited by VonL