How can I get email notifications?

jinx46

Sorry to bother, but I am new here and I cannot figure out a way to get email notifications.

I tick the "Follow this topic?" box each time, visible at upper righthand side when I type this.

Is that it, or is there something else?

Nick from Athens, Greece

Hi Nick,

This is from the Help files, if you look at the very bottom of any page, you'll see "Help".to click on. I modified what it said because the button text doesn't really match. You should only have to do this once for each topic or fourm, not each time you post. Let us know if you believe it is not working.

This board can notify you when a new reply is added to a topic. Many users find this useful to keep up to date on topics without the need to view the board to check for new messages.

There are two ways to subscribe to a topic:

• Click the 'Follow this topi' button at the top of the topic.
  • From the 'Email Settings' section of your User CP (My Controls) check the 'Enable Email Notification by default?' option, this will automatically subscribe you to any topic that you make a reply to.

Please note that there are four different types of subscriptions:

Immediate Email Notification

This option will send out a notification immediately after a new topic or reply has been made regardless of your activity.

Delayed Emailed Notification

This option will send out a notification if a new topic or reply has been made and you're not active on the board.

Daily Email Digest

This option will send out a daily digest showing all new replies or topics for that day.

Weekly Email Digest

This option will send out a weekly digest showing all new replies or topics for that week.

You are also able to subscribe to each individual forum on the board, to be notified when a new topic is created in that particular forum. To enable this, click 'Follow this Forum' button at the top forum you wish to subscribe to, and click the 'Subscribe to this forum' link.

To unsubscribe from any forums or topics that you are subscribed to - just go to the 'Subscriptions' section of 'My Controls' and you can do this from there.