Speaking Of Danica........

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Is a Model of her car available??? Dontcha think it would sell well? :)

Why would you think that Jack? Most of the guys who like her are interested in her "chassis" not the Dallara chassis she drives.

The auto world is more focused on models such as Danica die cast than on plastic.

Resin is only made of drivers that have world appeal. Studio 27 and Model Factory Hiro aren't going to rapid prototype

a driver's ride based on their looks.

I could be wrong but I know of no IRL cars currently being made in resin/multimedia.

Neither Strada Sport nor Hiroboy across the pond have any current IRL cars and if they don't have them, they aren't made.

There use to be a very small cottage company that produced the Indy winners but she hasn't done that yet and I haven't seen

the company advertise in a while.

You'll just have to keep helping Sports Illustrated's page views Jack. I'm sure their ad sales department will love you for it... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Do you remember the name of the cottage Ind that did the Indy winners?

• 3 weeks later...
Do you remember the name of the cottage Ind that did the Indy winners?

Hi Dick. I don't recall the name of the fellow, but his latest address is 10416 Wilson Rd, Brownsburg, IN 46112. He sells his stuff (very limited run resin with decals and no instructions - craftsman kits), on ebay. Seller's ID is TOONCES2JAY.

I do have one of his 1/24th resin kits of Danica's 2005 IRL almost-won-Indy ride in the Rahal Letterman Team markings for Pioneer/Argent. I don't know if he still sells this one or not, His decals are sourced from IndyCals, which is another separate cottage industry firm in the Indianapolis area. The kit is all resin with white metal suspension pieces. Tires are molded in resin. A bit of resin cleanup needed, but as far as I know, it is the only game in town in 24th scale. Sold for around $70 in 2006 IIRC. His other kits are of Indy winners and 20th F-1 conversions for the Tamiya kits. Build-ups of his kits grace the Indy Hall of Fame Museum collection of 500 winners inside the famed oval.

HTH,

Mike

Guest Bun E. Carlos

At the Indy Show yesterday a guy entered her Diecast Car with Autographed Pic....Nice display. Saw Terry Bushmann and Mike George....they were headed to the Speedway!!!

At the Indy Show yesterday I guy entered her Diecast Car with Autographed Pic....Nice display. Saw Terry Bushmann and Mike George....they were headed to the Speedway!!!

Yes I was.

I think the person mentioned who does some of the resin indy stuff is Bill Jorgensen. I think he only sells by ebay.

Also from Indy is Lance Sellers who does some nice resin Indy cars. A person entered two of Lance's kits this weekend at the Indy show. The McLaren/Peter Revson car and the Sunoco Car. Both very nice. His website is www.lsresincars.com/

Terry

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a PICTURE of her car?... Just curious.

Bob,

Here is a picture of the diecast entered at Indy.

http://www.ipmsroscoeturner.org/2009%20con.../RT2009_376.jpg

As I do not know how to post a pic, this is taken from the Roscoe Turner website.