IPMS Alamo Squadron will host its 32nd annual event on Feb 16th. Check the "Upcoming Events" page on the IPMS home page for a map and a point of contact.

ModelFiesta 32

San Antonio Event Center

8111 Meadow Leaf Drive

IPMS/Alamo Squadron

Please be aware that this is a new location for the event, formerly held on the north side of town near Randolph AFB. This year the show is on the west side of town located not far from Lackland AFB.

For those approaching from Houston and points east...Take I-10W until it turns into 90W.

You will see the downtown area to your right as you pass through south San Antonio from E to W

Follow 90W to Loop 410 on the west side of town. You will exit 90W and take 410 to the north (also identified as East....San Antonians can't read a compass.)

Exit Marbach and stay on the frontage road through the Marbach intersection. You will see the facility on your right after a couple of hundred yards down the frontage road beyond the Marbach exit.

Without an traffic snarls you can expect a 20 to 25 minute transit along I-10/90W between Loop410 on the east side of town and Loop 410 on the west side of town. Be aware that coming in from the east you will cross Loop 410 twice. Do not take 410 on the east side of town but rather pass through town on 90W and then take 410 on the west side of town.

Coming in from Austin and points north, take I-35S to the 410 West exit. Follow 410W to Marbach Road and exit, doing a Turnaround under 410 and traveling a couple of hundred yards to Meadow Leaf Drive on your right. You are advised not to take 1604.

For precise driving directions use Google and for contest information visit the IPMS Alamo Squadron website.

IPMS/USA will have a Donation Station on site and you are encouraged to donate hobby supplies and kits to the IPMS Support the Troops effort by dropping off the donations at the Donation Station.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to attend CALMEX in Jan 2014. See you guys soon!

Just a reminder that if you are able to attend the upcoming ModelFiesta event in San Antonio on the 16th of Feb then you are in for a treat! Its a large show (550-600 entries on average) and good food is within walking distance. Tons of vendors (130 tables or more), lots to see and enjoy. Visit the Upcoming Events page for contact info.

Already planning the 2014 trip to CalMex! Calmex is a great way to start the annual "contest campaign" in Region 6 and it is a blast!. Just two or three weeks after Calmex the show in San Antonio takes place...so one goes from Gumbo to Enchiladas!