Airfix 1/72 Skyhawk

stefanwest

Nice looking Hawk, Steve. The markings are really cool looking. How did all of the kits that you posted go together, as they all look very good. Welcome back. Are all of them new releases from Airfix?

Bill

These are all of the new tooling airfix kits and I can tell you they are great . There are no flash and the fit is near perfect . Plus these kits are cheap in price. The decals are nice and they take to decal solution really good . I really like these new airfix kits .

Stefanwest,

Nice work here too, I have the old 1970 Airfix Skyhawk, from the dark ages of modelling. This one is many times better, as I see.

By the way, what brand and type colors and varnishes do you use?

Edited by jinx46

I used mainly Testors Master Model paints. I found a chart online that shows a list of Humrol numbers compared to the other brands of paints. The chart I found did not specifically had Testors but they show FS numbers. I use Future for clear coats and Testors Flat Lacquer.

Thanks for the information.

Humbrol enamels yellow with time--the old series of colors. Their new acrylics range does not.

May of my models have yellowed because of the old Humbrols. Later I started using Gunze Sangyol Acrylics and thir varnishes and those are ok.

Now almost everyone here is using Vallejo acrylics or Andrea Acrylics or the new Humbrol acrylics--some of those also come in handy spray bottles.