Okay All You Booze Hounds! Your Ride Is Here!

Mark Deliduka

That's right, I finally finished this M-113A1 that has been languishing on my bench for awhile. Now it's finished and I'm sending her for delivery to my US Army.

US%20Army%20M%20113A1%20APC%20I.JPG

US%20Army%20M%20113A1%20APC%20II.JPG

Thanks all for looking, and comments are welcome.

That's right, I finally finished this M-113A1 that has been languishing on my bench for awhile. Now it's finished and I'm sending her for delivery to my US Army.

US%20Army%20M%20113A1%20APC%20I.JPG

US%20Army%20M%20113A1%20APC%20II.JPG

Thanks all for looking, and comments are welcome.

Duke:

That 113 is killer. I have a 113 ACAV in my stash thats asking to be built. Its from some British company and the tracks and wheels are all cast together, so it should make assembly fairly easy. We'll see. I still say that is a nice looking vehicle. :smiley20:

Dave Wahl

IPMS #46035

Mark,

When you say a kit has been "languishing on your bench for awhile," you must mean like five days instead of your usual three to produce an excellent model. I can't believe you've completed 18 models in 6.5 weeks of 2009. Keep up at this rate and you will have 144 models done this year. I'm in awe, man! :wacko:

Ed

Boy when you refered to "booze hounds" I thought you caught me with the Johnny Walker :smiley17: (again)

Excellent work Mark!! What kit is that?

Thanks Jeff!I'm glad you like it. You'd probably be amazed at how far 1/72 scale armor has come these days. It has definitely been a blast for me. I haven't had this much fun building small scale armor since the days I first discovered all those great ESCI kits so many years ago!

Mark,

When you say a kit has been "languishing on your bench for awhile," you must mean like five days instead of your usual three to produce an excellent model. I can't believe you've completed 18 models in 6.5 weeks of 2009. Keep up at this rate and you will have 144 models done this year. I'm in awe, man! :wacko:

Ed

LOL! Actually, this one had been on my bench for 5 months, not five days! I figured it was about time I got it finished. And if you aren't believing it, I'm glad I posted pics for proof! :smiley17::smiley20: Now 144 models in one year would certainly beat my personal best!

Hmmmmm...... You've given me an idea. Maybe I should try to see how close I come to that total by the end of the year.....

Boy when you refered to "booze hounds" I thought you caught me with the Johnny Walker :smiley17: (again)

Excellent work Mark!! What kit is that?

Ah HA! I thought I saw someone rummaging around inside my APC looking for the beer cooler! :smiley22::smiley17:

Seriously though, thank you for the compliment. That is the 1/72 scale Trumpeter kit of the -A1. I have already built all of the ESCI variants from ages past. Next up: Trumpeter's 1/72 swcale M-113A2 battlefield ambulance. That will then be added to my "Evolution of the Battlefield Ambulance" Display I hope to complete.

Thankls again to all who posted. I truly appreciate all your great comments!

Looks good, a couple of comments on the build. The first one pertains to the kit itself. It looks like Trumpeter duplicated the error that Tamiya made in their original M113A1 kit. The cargo hatch release chain is located on the wrong end of the hatch (the cable looking strap on the top hatch). It should be on the other end of the hatch (side farthest from the hinge).

Second comment is that the vehicle is a Nam era kit with Nam era markings but a modern day CIP panel (combat identification panel, the louvered panel on the right side of the hull) mounted on the hull side. We started using those in the early to mid 90s to help identify friendly vehicles when they were spotted in thermal sights.

Looks good, a couple of comments on the build. The first one pertains to the kit itself. It looks like Trumpeter duplicated the error that Tamiya made in their original M113A1 kit. The cargo hatch release chain is located on the wrong end of the hatch (the cable looking strap on the top hatch). It should be on the other end of the hatch (side farthest from the hinge).

Second comment is that the vehicle is a Nam era kit with Nam era markings but a modern day CIP panel (combat identification panel, the louvered panel on the right side of the hull) mounted on the hull side. We started using those in the early to mid 90s to help identify friendly vehicles when they were spotted in thermal sights.

Thank you Rob! I didn't know that was what the louver was for. I really appreciate your info on this. Hmmm, now I have to figure out if I can remove that louver from the model without destroying the model. Not sure if I can. It may have to stay and remain inaccurate. Thanks for the heads up on this; I'll be watching more closely to avoid this mistake in the future.

Thanks again Rob.

Thank you Rob! I didn't know that was what the louver was for. I really appreciate your info on this. Hmmm, now I have to figure out if I can remove that louver from the model without destroying the model. Not sure if I can. It may have to stay and remain inaccurate. Thanks for the heads up on this; I'll be watching more closely to avoid this mistake in the future.

Thanks again Rob.

Pop it off and hang some gear or a tarp there!! :smiley20: