Jeff's Tiffie Ii

JeffS

Here is my ESCI/Ertl E.F.A. (Eurofighter) which has been languishing in the land of misfit models. My New Year's Resolution is to clean up this lot and find these half done projects a home.

At any rate, this was a rather difficult build (that's why it ended up trashed for so long). Lots, and I mean lots, of filler required. ESCI/Ertl based the kit on a mockup airframe so doing an operational Typhoon II was out of the question. For that reason the kit markings were used. The decals, by the way, applied very well with Solv-a-set. About the only change made in constructon was to the canards. The kit parts were attached with blades. On the real aircraft the canards slope downwards at rest. So......I cut off the blades and drilled holes for a sprue attacment allowing for a drooping canards.

After all the bother however, it seems to have finished up looking a little like a Eurofighter.

100_4456.jpg

100_4457.jpg

Thanks for looking and cheers everyone.

The saying teaching an old dog new tricks comes to mind or how about putty and paint make this kit what it ain't. Nice work Jeff. Thanks for posting it.

Ah, you know the Avatar. I am frequently asked about it. I have been researching B-17F 42-29800 Me an' my Gal which was lost 14OCT43. My findings are shared at www.384thbombgroup.com.

Yes, the Eurofighter is way sexy. I want the Revell 1/48th one now.

Cheers