Israeli Two Fer!!! ONE of two Finished!!!

Mark Aldrich

Was starting my Double Dog Dare figure and realized it was riddled with casting bubbles. Currently working with Games Workshop to fix that and not wanting to slow the "building" momentum down I grabbed two more projects off the self.

First up will be an early IDF M3 Sandwich Car. I'll be using the new Hobby Boss M3A1 (early) and the ADV/Azimut resin conversion (designed for the old Peerless/Italeri kit),
Hobbybossboxart.jpg
100_5197.jpg

Also doing an IDF "What If" M40. Called Tamiya yesterday and I have two F sprues (accessories) enroute. I will change out the T66 track for Dragon DS T80 and that should just about do it. Will need to add a FN MAG or .30 for defense.
BOXART.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the armored car! I had back burnered the M40 as I think I will be flying into CO. I have learned a few things about my skills. I can't cut a straight line in styrene or plastic to save my life!!!! Even when using the chopper II!! Also, The ADV kit is bad! The front windscreen is no where close to accurate. You will be better off using styrene. If you can cut straight lines.

100_6562_zps3d0a60c1.jpg

100_6563_zpsb52d2c6d.jpg

100_6564_zpsd3524430.jpg

That old Peerless White Scout Car was one of my favorite designs for a wheeled vehicle back in the day. Nice to see the new version being built. I still have one of the Italeri ones (50 yr anniversary of the end of WW2) and an original Peerless one.

Rob,

Me too! I pulled it out (Italeri kit) and compared it to the Hobby Boss and put the Italeri one on EBAY. I still have several old Peerless ones in my stash!

Thanks to SabingaMartin and Verlinden, I can almost do a Operation Horev machine. Might even be able to do a Operation Danni as well! Woodland secenics does a nice set of large numbers that would look great on the turret! The provided markings will end up in the stash to never see the light of day.

Latest Update. The front tires will be the last things added. They had to be specially modified. The originals are from Masters Productions.

100_6586_zps16cf8db2.jpg

100_6587_zpsfa1d9759.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks! It's in the hopper once I get the two review kits finished! Unfortunately, I do remember there is a HUGE gap between the tranny bolt strip and the front glacis.