New IDF "What If" for 2013

Mark Aldrich

Can't wait to see this one done, an an IDF M-24 Chaffee next?

Nope.....These two are both "could have beens" The IDF procurement teams in the USA bought 24 M3A1s and had them loaded to First go to Mexico and then Israel. However Customs Officials demanded more and more paperwork and the deal finally fell through. The Czechs offered to sell 14 of their ST-1s but the cost was too high! There is also a H39 they mounted a 6 pounder into! Actually we think they just stuck the barrel in to make it look kool but I plan on actually building one.

Ready for the Booth. I had not planned on using the tools but Academys were wrong (at least the shovel) so I broke out one of my Formations sets. They are so nice except that I think the Mattock handle is mounted backwards as these were designed for a Sherman.

100_6472.jpg

100_6474.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out Mrs. TreadHead will not be attending the 2013 Nats so I will probably be flying in which means small models like I did at Florida. Looking at an IDF GPA, M3A1 Sandwich Armored Car, and a Warhammer 40K figure (with face) to play with the big boys!