1/24 '37 Ford Carbrio - rat rod

Jantrix

Not a lot of action on this part of the forums, so I'm going to do my best to change that and throw up some of my recent work.

This is a Revell 1/24 kit of the '37 Ford Cabriolet. The floor boards were cut from the fenders so that they could be channeled into the body. The hood, hood sides, and front fenders were glued and then cut into the custom front end. It uses parts from 12+ different kits no including decals. The kit interior was discarded entirely and un-upholstered door panels were scratch-built. The paint is Krylon Italian Olive that has been weathered with craft acrylic washes. The frame was lengthened about 3/8" to allow for the larger engine. I had a great time building it.

2012-12-18111539.jpg

2012-12-18111452.jpg

2012-12-18111338.jpg

2012-12-18111025.jpg

2012-12-18111124.jpg

More pics here.

http://s53.beta.photobucket.com/user/Jantrix/library/37%20Ford%20Rat%20Rod?postlogin=true

You have been busy Rob. This one is great too!!! I particularly love the very slight rust effect that you have added to the body plus the chipped paint along the door sill. Great job.

I wish I was busy. The three builds I posted are the culmination of two years. Work and a lack of a good place to build/paint really cut into my bench time. But we're in a new place now with a proper man cave, and I'm off and running. More soon. I may also post up some older stuff.