Christmas in Afghanistan, Camp Spin Boldak

Dick Montgomery

Michelle, our contact at Camp Spin Boldak, shared these images with us. The models were donations coming from various IPMS members and chapters, sent to Michelle for distribution to the troops. She decided to set up a Christmas Party and the donated items were part of the "Gift Bundle".

Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy Holidays to all who serve, and the same sentiment to all who have donated selflessly to the IPMS Support the Troops program. See images from Spin Boldak by using this link: http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/stt/Spin+Boldak/

If you or your chapter are motivated to make a donation please contact IPMSSEC@IPMSUSA.ORG. Several options can be provided so that you can get those donations to the troops, both overseas and those in hospital or rehab here in the States.

Thanks, my son-in-law is currently in Afghanistan and my daughter came home so she wouldn't be alone for the holidays. I'm glad there are others who remember our loved ones who are serving in harm's way this Christmas.

We received an email from Michelle.(Spin Boldak) She sent some of the kits to a base "outside of the wire" for the troops "out there". They reported back that the models did, indeed, arrive to their location, and that they were very appreciative of the items. Images are hard to come by in cases like this for security reasons, but we might get a few pics as time goes by....

Oh the memories of going out to OP Alpha with a little tackle box of paints and tools and the latest Tamiya release I had picked up at the Bad Kissingen model shop before going!

One of the reasons I always have 1/72 scale armor kits; it would fit in a small plastic tackle box along with some basic building and painting tools. That way I could build while downrange or travelling.

Check out this image just received from Aghanistan....and tell me if you think the troops appreciate the models they receive.

http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/stt/AirRescue/26EQRS_4.jpg.html