Since ScaleWarbirds Studios is down, still (ISP says it's a DNS propagation; Domain registrar says nothing.) I'll post the first full update here.
I spent the past 3 days building up the cockpit. The first thing that I'll say, is, I'm a little disappointed in the details. I think that they're a little soft. When I first saw the silver plastic, I was hopeful the details would "pop" under some paint. They did, but...I just feel that they are not as crisp as they could be. I had an Eduard FW-190D-9 cockpit set around somewhere, and I was going to use that for this project, but...of course, I can't find it. Now that the cockpit is finished, it'll turn up, any minute now. If you have the Eduard PE set I just mentioned, I think you'd be better off using it. Fortunately, as it's a Focke-Wulf...you won't see too much of the IP, once it's up under the coaming. For that reason as well, I decided to forgo detailing the different colored bezels.
The second thing that I'll say, and this is more of an issue, is the decals. They're not great. The instrument panel decals come in two options: one whole panel of instruments, one each for the upper and lower IP, and one each for the left and right hand tub panels. The other option is individual dials for each instrument. I initially went with the whole panel option, because I wanted to see how they performed. After numerous coats of Mr. Mark Softer and SolvaSet, they simply draped over the panels like thin vinyl. Not cool. Hot water, slice and dice, nothing helped. They're pretty much impervious to decal solutions. I soaked the whole thing in isopropyl, and scrubbed them off with a small brush. Then, I repainted the clear instrument panel, and used the individual decals. This was a better end result, but not great, AFAIC. I added some Future into each dial to represent the glass of each dial face. Additionally, and you can see in some of the pics, the graphics are heavily pixilated, like a dot-matrix printer. I'm concerned, because the airframe decals are of the same sheet. There isn't any dot-matrix patterns on the numbers or national markings...but I'm concerned how they will perform/go down. I'm already thinking about aftermarket decals.
I do like the seats. I used the one with the belts molded onto it, and under paint, it's as nice as any resin replacement. I wish the shoulder straps went up onto the turtle-deck, but, with molding limitations, I understand why they don't. I think the seat looks pretty cool. All in all, the parts assembled very quickly, and easily. Most of the past 3 days was spent painting everything. I gave a Burnt Umber wash to most parts, followed by drybrushing with Gunmetal. I didn't fuss with the Nitrous Oxide tank, or the battery, or the fuel cells. You won't see them once in the fuselage.
Here's the pictures, thus far. You can decide for yourselves.