[/size]Hi gang, I saw this over at Starship Modeler. Member "karim" made an app for the iPhone that -
"is a set of calculation tools designed for scale model builders, model-railroad enthusiasts, scratch-builders, or
anyone else who needs to quickly and easily convert between measurements in different scales, figure out the
scale of a model or model part, or perform other modeling-related calculations.
Model Kit version 1.0 features:
Convert measurements from one scale to another
- enter measurements in inches, feet, millimeters, centimeters, and meters and even mix units during input
- enter arbitrary scales, or select from a library of common numeric scales, architectural & engineering scales, and model railroad scales
- flag commonly used scales as "favorites" for easy access
Calculate unknown scales
- Add the calculated scale to the library
Convenient Unit converter
Cone shell calculator
- enter top diameter, bottom diameter, and cone height
* More features to come in future updates "
Its only $4.99 and can be gotten from the App Store by searching "Model Kit" I just bought it and it's everything you'd expect.
Its perfect for people like me who's PC is not near my model building room.
BTW I have no involvement in this, just a happy customer...