Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by Wolfman63

  1. CVN-70 Project - After I cut off all the catwalks (have PE version) I put flight deck together and made sure it fit the hull. I then started the long process of drilling and routing the fiber optic deck lights. I have the rear approach line done and am working on the foul line. The approach line will use a white LED and the foul line will use a blue LED. I drilled the holes at an angle so the optic lines will lay flat. I also mount them sticking up. Once the deck is painted and detailed I will trim the optic lines flush. They will be nearly invisible until the lights are on. Once all the lines
  2. Almost all of them are 1/48 scale. The F-4N and the KC-97 are 1/72 scale (done for friends) On my Pintrest link it has the scale and the kit manufacturer. If you have any one you are interested it, I can give you specifics. Thanks.
  3. CVN-70 Project - After 5 attempts I finally figured out how to do the landing light "meatball" It's difficult to get a good picture due to the brightness but it does look cool. d
  4. Here is a link to the many aircraft I have built over the last 10 years. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3661064452689.2128710.1457024256&type=1&l=178c523475 You do not need to be a Facebook member to view them. These include build pictures. There are 562 pictures showing details and completed builds. Enjoy.
  5. Greetings, I have been doing plastic models for many, many years. Typically I build 1/48 scale aircraft and occasionally ships. I am in the process of building a 1:350 scale model of the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier as it was during the 1983 World Cruise (as I was aboard the ship for the cruise). You can see many of my complete 1/48 scale aircraft at the links in my signature. Looking to share ideas and skills. Recently I have started to learn fiber optic lighting and the many ways to illuminate a model. Thanks.
  6. Hangar Bay Details. Port walls Doorway details Forward tunnel and GSE area lighted Aft hangar bay walls Port hangar walls Looking aft from hangar bay 1 View from hangar bay 2 doorway Hangar deck completed (weathered and painted deck)
  7. Fantail Details Here is the fantail with LED's and fiber optic lighting.
  8. I am starting a 1/350 scale of the USS Carl Vinson as it was during the 1983 World Cruise. I will be detailing the hanger bay, all 86 aircraft, modifying the island and hull to match the timeline and ship. It will also include illuminating many areas like flight deck, Island, hanger, and catwalks. It will be using 14 LED's and over 400 feet of fiber optics. Goal is to have it completed by December. The first challenge is to add the "as-built" sponsons. She only had the original sponsons for a short time. While there is limited photos (online and personal) for these I have been able to replicat
  • Create New...