Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Posts posted by wdedig

  1. Thanks Gil

    The oversprayed wing markings are called for on the reference sheet for the 109 from JG51 based in France in August 1940. The reference for this aircraft called for the subdoing of the wing markings with RLM O2. these instructions came from the excellent decal sheet on Battle of Britain from Southern Expo model club in England. They are fantastic decals and great instructions. I posted the 109 profiles earlier.


    The little cone like insulators were constructed based on a technique explained to me by Barry Numerick. Take a thick piece of Plastic and a small needle, heat the needle and slowly push it through. The needle cools as it goes through the plastica but retains enough heat to form a small cone on the opposite side. Slice off with a straight razor and the hole is already throgh the cone from the needle. I practiced on about 15 to get 2 good ones. :smiley20:


  2. Greetings

    Thanks Guys for the compliments

    The canopy frame is done with thin sliced and painted decals.

    Completed model below. Not sure on how much weathering to add. Exhaust is only weathering at this point.

    Comments appreciated.








  3. Sweet! That's looking really nice, and I can't believe how fast you went through the painting process.


    GIL :smiley16:


    Thanks Gil

    One day for bottom and one day for Top. Hair dryer for Testors RLM 71 and let the Gunze RLM 70 go overnight before Future

  4. Greetings all

    I would love to join in on this


    I have started a JU88A-1,just a backdate of a 1/72nd AMTech JU-88.

    I have plans for a 109E-3 and a Spitfire MKI

    I'll post some photos of JU-88 later


    Thanks Bill

  5. Excellent model from one of my favorite eras of aircraft! Great job on the NMF variations too! Congrats on a beautiful build! By the way, what about the kit (besides its title) makes it an "easy build"? Cheers!


    GIL :smiley16:


    The fusalage is one piece. two side panel inserts,the wings are single pieces and there is only about twenty parts total.


    Thanks for the compliments guys

  6. This was a nice kit to build and decal. Construction was simple with good fit across the board. Finish is Alclad over Tamiya gloss black. Decals are from the kit and some of the best I have ever used. Canopy was a little fogggy (only flaw)










  7. Well done, Bill! What color did you use for the exhaust, that last picture kind of drew my eyes to that section, it looks realistic.







    I used Alclad Burnt metal, kind of copperish color. I weathered with Tamiya Blue and Soot from their weathering Kits

  8. Greetings

    Here are a few photos of the recently completed 1/48th Monogram F-117.

    Fun build,challenging, but definetly not your everday Black OPs

    Resin Interior,Kit Photoetched grills, Testor Acrylics,TWO BOBS markings


    Thanks for viewing










  • Create New...