All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Top of forever wish list: an ACCURATE 1/72 F-84F Thunderstreak -- with RATO! Ed
  3. Message I get with Windows 10 is "attempting TLS handshake with IPMSUSA(XXX).org, depending upon which forum is being accessed... Ed
  4. Gil, Sorry to take so long here, but yes, we will have Dessert bar tickets for sale at the convention. Mike
  5. I'm sorry to take so long getting back here to answer your question. There are lot's of parking options near the convention center, but it is a downtown venue, so none of them are free. There is a parking garage attached to the convention center that is $8 per day. There is another good sized garage behind the convention center, between it and the Chattanoogan hotel that is $9 per day. There are several open air lots that are $5 per day. There are parking meters on all the streets around the convention center, but they are enforced every day up to 6pm. Mike
  6. Mike, yes, the Huntsville tour is a go. We have a few seats left on the bus. Mike
  7. Still trying to work with Tech Support.. Eric
  8. Yesterday
  9. Yup......been having the same problem for days....including today....and it's the ONLY site that does this among those I surf daily. Slow to load in, slow to respond for replies, and VERY slow to load in pics in topics! GIL
  10. Well, that didn't take long, and I should have remembered this kit, since I owned one for many years. It's Monogram's TV Orbiter kit.
  11. Yep. That's it! Unfortunately the Regulus missile that would match the trailer isn't included among the debris in the box. Congrats to Pat and thanks to everyone for chiming in. That was fun! Now, I've got another missile/base combo mystery but this one has enough clues to appear to be rather simple to figure out. This is a Monogram base. The word "Monogram" is molded into the plastic on the interior of the base. I've never seen this kit before and have no clue what the rocket is.....but the weird thing is that there is a long red rod, the same length as the rocket body, itself, that I found inside the rocket body. There is a rocket "nozzle on one end of the rod, and a black "cap" on the other end that, when inserted into the hole in the nose cone of the rocket, fits perfectly. Note that the black tip of the red rod has a hole in it, as if there is another piece that slides inside the red rod. Anyway, this shouldn't be too tough to track down. I'll google "Monogram Rocket Model Kits" or something similar and just scan the images until I see a match. In the meantime, if anyone just happens to know what this kit is called that would speed the search.
  12. Right now I think its running smoothly... buuuut... as soon as I say that things slow down. Eric
  13. You're not alone; I'm having the same problem. I thought at first it was my ISP (TimeWarner/Spectrum), but this is the only site I frequent that seems to have got stuck in a vat of molasses.
  14. Monogram Snark on a Monogram Regulus trailer. Pat D
  15. It's definitely not resin. I'm thinking that I've erred in thinking the Snark belongs on this trailer, even though the fit seems to be really good.
  16. Another point ( I can’t let go of this thing!) all the kits either with trailers or on launchers are pretty good representation of the real thing. Dick’s model’s trailer does not look anything like that in any photo of the real Snark. I think the trailer does not belong with the missile. To solve the mystery, we need to identify the source of the trailer.
  17. Scalemates also lists these additional Snark kits: Ventavia (1/100) Sanwa (1/160) Monogram (1/128); included in the United States Missile Arsenal (PD40-298), Model Missile Packet (MP-2), and Missile Mobile (PD-43) kits, but these did not have a trailer.
  18. A friend of mine has suggested it is the Sharkit 1/72 kit, but the Sharkit Snark does not include a trailer. Sharkits are resin; is this heavy enough to be resin? See here for Sharkit info: https://sharkit.com/sharkit/Snark/snark.htm
  19. Hey, Dick, I posted a coupla pix on Hyperscale. Maybe some of those guys have a clue, 'cause I sure don't.
  20. Dick’s model has a “USAF SNARK” on the nose. If you look at pictures of the box art of all these kits, only the Mongram kit has that marking. The arrangement of the white stripes is almost the same as the Monogram kit. If Dick’s model is small scale (c. 1/135 scale) could it be some combination of the Monogram kit and a different trailer. It is worth noting that the missile is pointed backwards on the trailer. The Lindbergh and Monogram kits have it pointed forward. Is it fake? Cobbled together?
  21. John Burn’s “ Plastic Aircraft Kits of the 20th Century” while exhaustive, covers only manned aircraft kits. Specifically, the listings for Northrop do not mention any Snark kits. So that is a dead end. Looking at Dick’s model, and comparing it to images of the Lindbergh kit, it is apparent that there are differences in the markings. So both Snark and trailer are something entirely different. Dick, did you calculate the exact scale?
  22. Last week
  23. Additional pics.... The kit is in my possession. I'm thinking that the transporter trailer may actually be from a different kit but the fit between the Snark and the trailer are perfect. There's a locating pin/hole combo on the underside of the Snark that matches precisely with a pin on the trailer.
  24. I recently scored a kit with an MSRP of $169.99 for under $15 delivered. Guys from my model club in Louisville posted about some deep discounts on Dragon kits at Dragon USA. While the kit they were discussing was a 1/6th scale Panzer II normally $350 for $16 and discounted to $10 after using their Father's Day code, I searched other mistakenly discounted kits. I found the Dragon Iron Man Age of Ultron Mark XLIII kit listed for $10 and change; $7.18 after the 35% off discount code. With shipping, a whopping $14.82 delivered. Others tried to order the giant tank and one guy tried to order Iron Man, but their orders were cancelled. By the time they posted their orders were cancelled, I got a shipping notice. It arrived a two days later. By the time it arrived, the price had risen to $101.99. http://www.dragonusaonline.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=DRA38155
  25. Here's a few acquisitions that I got from the recent San Diego Model Contest. First a couple purchases... This was something I got from a guy selling all these rare things. I got them for $2.50 each; does anyone remember the Snap-a-roos: I already started building one. Some of them are close enough to 1/72 scale that I could use them. I got this from the Rare Plane Detective: That was five bucks. In addition, he gave me these two which he was going to toss out if they weren't claimed. So, I claimed them: It's hard to see what that is but it's a resin kit of what I think is an 0-1 Bird Dog. Not real sure though. The other one was the Widgeon that I already started: This next item I got much later; it had just come in a couple days ago. This is the cross I got to replace the anemic thing given in the Italeri Church Kit: Now my church looks very Irish. I like it! These following kits are all raffle prizes I got from San Diego: That one above comes with a pre-painted body that I think is die cast: Another Testor's Quick Build: Finally, I somehow managed to win the last Grand Prize: Trumpeter's 1/16 scale T-34/85 model! Here it is: Of course, everyone had to mention to me that it isn't in my scale, So, I replied that maybe I would build it anyway and hinge the hull so I could use it as a carrying case for all my small scale models that I bring to a show. LOL! That's all I have for now. Enjoy!
  1. Load more activity