1:100 REVELL F-14A Canopy and Afterburners

TGarthConnelly

Hi Guys,

Hey, listen, ...

Back in the 90s, I bought the Revell 1:100 F-14 TOMCAT. My father was putting it together for me before his arthritis got REALLY bad and before he got cancer and then, he stopped and it was put down in our basement and on our version of the shelf of doom. The model is basically put entirely together - all it needs are the afterburner "pans"/exhausts and the canopy. But, through the years - the parts for the model have been lost.

I have asked my builder, Kyle, if he'd finish it for me if I got the needed parts and the decals. He has agreed to.

Now, would anyone here have the canopy and the afterburner "pans" that they're not going to use? I already wrote to Revell and they don't stock parts that old ... can you please help?

I figure I can get that 1:100 missile set off Shapeways ...

And, would any of you know if anyone makes after-market decals for F-14s in 1:100? I'd like to have it finished as MISS MOLLY.

Tim

Not to be a wet blanket, but you're pretty much out of luck. No one makes aftermarket parts for that unfortunately, if only because it's an odd scale. Realistically I think you have 2 options: Find another of the same kit to provide parts to finish the original one out, or chuck it and build another one for him to replace it. I'd think that if you could find that 1/100 F-14, it would be cheap. It's not a popular scale and the kit is rather obscure, but may be hard to find. I can understand your desire to finish it, but I also believe it may be tough without a second kit. Best of luck!

Gil :smiley16:

The only thing I can think if is to get a Tamiya 1/100 scale model of that pane and rob the parts from it. After you get what you want from it and can confirm that it fits, send the remaining parts to me and I'll add it to my club's Distressed Kit Auction.

I just copy/pasted you topic title into Google and there are similar kits by Revell still available. Might even be the exact same model.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Revell+1%3A100+F-14+TOMCAT&rlz=1C1NHXL_enUS691US691&oq=Revell+1%3A100+F-14+TOMCAT&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8