The Duke's Latest Armor

Mark Deliduka

Here is two of the three vehicles I have added to my vehicle collection to date. It feels good to finally finish these after so many months of misfortune and distractions.

First up is the Zvezda 1/72 scale snap-together 40mm Bofors anti aircraft cannon. It was a fast and easy build that went together very well. I just built it out of the box. I can still place it on the included base and add the included figures, but for now this gun is done:

British_40mm_Bofors_AA_Gun_I.jpg

British_40mm_Bofors_AA_Gun_II.jpg

Next up is my Hobby Boss 1/72 scale Israeli Merkava IV. This was a very easy and fun model to assemble and the painting and weathering was a blast. Here she is:

Israeli_Merkava_IV_I.jpg

Israeli_Merkava_IV_II.jpg

Now I have the complete line of Merkava tanks from I to IV. Now I just need to fill them out with the Merkava IIID and Merkava III Baz.

Oh, and for those who are following the count, these two and my 1/72 scale civilian car bring my collection of vehicles up to 706 completed models.

That's all for now, feel free to check out my latest aircraft and civilian car.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice stuff Mark.

Maybe I will bring my 40mm to Orangecon just to have something to enter.

Looks nice, how does it compare to the old Esci kits? the double wide road wheels and tracks were the weak points, but overall a decent kit.

Thanks Robin. I appreciate the compliment. My apologies for responding so late. This compares quite favorably to the old ESCI kits in that the surface detail is far crisper and the roadwheels are molded correct. The tracks aren't the best, but then they are molded to one side of the roadwheels so some detail is lost. Given they are mostly hidden by the skirts and can easily be dirtied up, I don't consider this an issue. Compared to ESCI kits though, this is a borderline easy-assembly kit in that there seemed to be only 25 parts to the whole thing.

Phil, that will be fantastic to see you at Orangecon. Bring your 40mm; I'll have mine on the table as well so you'll have something to beat! LOL!