Wormhole Exploration Module

Roktman

This is the ship that launch Crichton into deep space in the TV series Farscape..

Was a fairly simple build with surprising amount of detail in the cockpit. I busied it up by painting buttons various colors and adding buttons where there was none. -

003.JPG

The build went smoothly until I got to the vac form canopy and the landing gear.

009.JPG

The producers were kind enough to include 4 canopies. But all being the same, if one was too small, they all were. And yep the canopy was to small. I had to add a 2mm piece of styrene sheet to the front of the cockpit to bring it a bit closer. From there I filled the rest with the Microscale Kristal Klear. Of course this meant the piece of styrene needed to be sanded, filled and then a repaint to try and match it all up.

The other problem was that I was given two starboard landing gear. After my frustration with the canopy, I just gave in and just installed the wrong landing gear in place backwards. When I get a cheap-o plane model, I'll swap out the landing gear.

All in all I think it makes an ok "3 foot model" - it'll look good from 3 ft. away. Thanks for looking and CCs always welcomed.

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

• Like 1

Hi, Kevin,

I enjoyed the Farscape series and was disappointed when it was cancelled. I barely remember the space ship, and I think it was in a brief clip in the opening credits each week. You have risen to the challenge nicely in building and finishing this kit.

Ed

• Like 1

The shuttle was named Farscape. It was featured in a couple of episodes. Moya was the leviathan living ship. I loved the show and have the seasons on DVD.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...