Minicraft Boeing 757-200 (Retro AA markings)

WildBill50

Here is one of the worst models I have ever built. Fit, decals, shape all made this a kit that took almost everything I had to plod through to get it done. I got to hating looking at this model. I felt so depressed about having to build it, let alone finish it. This was built for a project our club members are in the process of finishing up. This was my input to the project.

The model is finished in Bare-Metal Foil and Testor MM and square bottle paints. The strange thing about it though is, it came out pretty good looking for how much trouble it gave me.

Any comments more than welcome.

Here she is and thanks for looking:

boeing%20005_zpsoyrredo0.jpg

20170115_212201_zpssssmxfqa.jpg

boeing%20001_zpshtmllshv.jpg

boeing%20004_zpsdhaiku2u.jpg

boeing%20003_zpsdf34lg1s.jpgboeing%20002_zpsknrkaskf.jpg

• Like 1

Dunno William.....We always seem to have a jaundiced eye towards our own builds, especially when they fight us tooth and nail and/or don't come out like we intended.

That said, it's not a bad looking model. The markings and NMF make for an attractive and colorful combination. I'm sure it also may have taught you a lesson or two that you can apply in the future.

It may not be a "contest quality" build, but then why should THAT be the end goal for every build? You contributed to your club's project, you overcame the difficulties and got 'er done, and you diminished the stash by 1.

Congrats!

GIL :smiley16:

Holy crap! I wish my models looked that good. I have to work twice as hard to make mine look half that good and even then I don't succeed! I think you did a magnificent job here.

Thank you for the comments.

Gil, speaking of future...it took 'Future' to keep all of the decals from just falling off. They would end up just curling, splitting and not sticking to the nice smooth, shiny surface. The decals seemed to split after being applied.

Duke, this model almost got flown to the garbage can on more than two or three occasions. Thanks for the comments.

Congrats, Bill,

Minicraft has some "miss" kits, and this is one of them. :smiley5: I watched you struggle with this for months. I am so impressed with what you did with this kit, given its problems. I admit I added to your problems with the decals when I attempted a two-finger pick-up of the WIP model, touching the decals between the wings and tail and lifted up the decals. :smiley11: Your repair of that damage with the decal fragments does not show. True signs of an expert at work. You said it was easy, but I don't think so.

Anyway, the finished kit makes for a great addition to the club project. :smiley31: The American Airlines retro scheme matches photos of the real thing very well.

Ed

I'd like to watch you work wth Bare Metal foil. That is a masterful job! No kinks or wrinkles that I can see.

Thanks Ron. Alot of patience and time. I've reallly come to like using Bare-Metal foil...must be some sort of therapy for me.

Bill