The Duke's Automobiles and Something Extra

I don't normally post here in the Auto/civilian boards, but I have been trying my hand at doing some cars lately. After some time I have finally finished something that is satisfactory enough.

First up: Go Speed Racer Go! This is my Polar Lights 1/24 scale Mach 5 from the TV cartoon Speed Racer:

Speed_Rascer_Mach_5_I.jpg

Speed_Rascer_Mach_5_II.jpg

Speed_Rascer_Mach_5_III.jpg

Next up is my Revell 1/24 scale Monkeemobile from that old TV show "The Monkees". My sister and I used to watch that show all the time when we were kids. I just had to build this car:

Monkeemobile_I.jpg

Monkeemobile_II.jpg

Monkeemobile_III.jpg

Finally, although this isn't a car at all, it is a civilian piece. I didn't see any Forum that is more appropriate for this to go so I'm adding this to my post here.

This is the Life-Like Hobby Kits 1:1 scale Colt 45 "Peacemaker" pistol that I threw together in between other builds to cleanse the pallet. It isn't very well done but it is an ancient kit that was quite the challenge to put together:

Colt_45_Peacemaker_I.jpg

Colt_45_Peacemaker_II.jpg

That's all I've been able to complete for now. My apologies about the Colt; if you don't want it here; let me know and I can delete it. Otherwise, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 2

Thanks Bill! I think Chim Chim may be hiding in the engine compartment. LOL!

I'm thrilled to have finished those cars. They ain't perfect but I'm thrilled with them all the same.

I hadn't thought of that for the Colt though. So few Forums have a Miscellaneous section. I think I'll keep it here for now since it is already embedded in this Thread.

Now would you just look at that! I haven't been over here in ages and when I get here..........................."POOF!!!" I see some auto builds outta good ol' Mark. Great bunch of models they are too. I remember going to a car show in the mid 80's and the "Monkeemobile" was there. I always thought it was a cool ride as well. Great work here buddy!!

Thanks Joe! LOL! I do love that Monkeemobile too; especially after seeing it so often on the TV show my sister and I used to watch.

Stay tuned, I got more coming.....

• Like 1

Uh huh................been holdin' out on me eh? :smiley16:

Edited by mustang1989

Uh huh................been holdin' out on me eh? :smiley16:

You might say that; although my GAABSA Thread on the SPAM shows the remaining vehicles I still need to finish. Feel free to check that out over there.