Laignach Faelad, The Wolf Men of Tipperary

Roktman

This past St. Patrick's Day I decided it was the perfect day to take this Spyda Adams kit out and start it.

The backstory - -

The Laignach Faelad were reputed to be a group of vicious warriors who were said to be half man, half wolf. These men are mentioned in an incredibly ancient Irish text known as the Coir Anmann, which claims that these faelad (soldiers) would fight for any king willing to pay their steep price. The text goes on to say that these men dressed in wolf skins and were tremendously brutal in battle, which is why the old Irish kings wanted them so badly. During this time the land was drenched in the blood of battle, the country was constantly at war and the kings would do whatever it took to win, including hiring the inhuman Laignach Faelad, which not everyone was too pleased with.

Now, you may wonder why one would be wary about hiring the Laignach Faelad, kings have plenty of gold right? Yes, but unfortunately these warriors did not ask for money, instead they asked for something entirely more precious – the flesh of newborns. They would divide among themselves, falling upon the flesh like wolves and devour it raw. A king would have to be pretty desperate and ruthless to hire these warriors.

Yikes!

The kit came in 4 parts of white, odorless resin. There was a little seam line, but it was easily dispatched amongst all the fur. I then applied some Aves to the two arms where the seams were. The other parts was the axe and the base.

I tried out my new "photo area" but didn't get the lights right. Apologies for the harsh lighting.

Thanks for looking and as always CC is welcomed.

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

Edited by Roktman
  • Like 1