The Duke's Commission Build

Mark Deliduka

Hello all,

This is a model I was commissioned to build by someone who loves early WWII aircraft. This is also one of my Modeler's New Years Resolution builds so I'm glad I finally got it done.

This is the ancient Airfix Handley Page Hampden in 1/72 scale. I built it out of the box, yet had to scratch an upper window on the top of the fuselage due to that part disappearing. I also had a bit of an issue with one of the tail decals that refused to release a portion of the decal for placement on the model. Overall it was about what I expected so I[m pleased with how this looks now. My client is also pleased with the model so far as well. Here it is finally completed and ready for deliver:

British_Handley_Page_Hampden_CB_I.jpg

British_Handley_Page_Hampden_CB_II.jpg

Okay that is all I have for now. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 2

Looks good Duke! I know you had to do a lot more than you mentioned to bring that old Airfix kit up to snuff. Build 15-20 more of those and you can join the Ron Bell Early Airfix Self Flagellation Club! :smiley2:

Congrats!

GIL :smiley16:

Looks good Duke! I know you had to do a lot more than you mentioned to bring that old Airfix kit up to snuff. Build 15-20 more of those and you can join the Ron Bell Early Airfix Self Flagellation Club! :smiley2:

Congrats!

GIL :smiley16:

LOL! Thanks Gil! I think I have already joined that club as I have at least 20 other ancient Airfix and MPC kits under my belt!

Thanks Bill! I appreciate your reply. Thanks for checking in.

Thank you for the information gentlemen. When assembling this; there were no clear instructions and the landing gear were designed to extend and retract. I glued them down and then let this sit while it dried since my client most likely wasn't going to be thrilled with the landing gear movable. Unfortunately, I hadn't seen this in time; I have already passed this on to a friend who will be delivering it sometime next week. My client didn't say anything about it when I sent him pictures so I'm guessing he doesn't mind.

Thanks again for the great information. Keep it coming so I can continue to improve.