36th Annual ModelFiesta was very successful

With about 650 entries, a full load of vendors (over 100 vendor tables) and great walk-in traffic, ModelFiesta 36 was a roaring success. Best of Show went to a visitor from Seattle, and it should be noted that he traveled to San Antonio, Tx to participate. That says a great deal about the quality of the event.
We had amigos from south of the border join us and they took home a load of hardware.

ModelFiesta 36 was also the 1st time a category was created for Gundum entries and the turnout was excellent!

Thanks to the vendors and thanks to the many modelers that made ModelFiesta 36 a success.

Edit------------actual model entry count is 653. Group Builds and Collections count as a single entry so the actual number of models was approaching 700.

Edited by Dick Montgomery

I wanted to attend, but the venue's move across town to the west side of San Antonio means it's now a 5-hour drive from north Dallas County, too far for me to go down and back in one day at my advanced age :D, and a bit expensive if I go the day before and stay in a hotel the night before. Glad it was a success, however.

Edited by SkyKing

Glad to hear the show was such a big hit!

I saw a little video on FB earlier and saw that Marc Schachter was there with his 1/48 Sea Fury. Did he win any big awards with it at your show?

GIL

Yes he did. He took Best Aircraft and Best of Show if I recall correctly. The special awards with pics were posted here somewhere. I do recall reading them.

Yep. Mark's Sea Fury took Best AC and Best in Show. Fantastic work! From what I hear, though, it was not a slam dunk. The decision was difficult, caused by the very high level of quality from the other BoS candidates.

A wise choice on your part. Keep the little woman happy. Trust the chemo won't knock you back too much, have three friends doing that treatment now. We had a Gundam category this year and had some really great entries.