Color red on the tail of the 40th Anniversary Dutch AF F-16

Joev259A

I have the Micro-Scale 1/48 decal sheet for the 40th Anniversary of the Dutch Air Force F-16. It calls for the tail to be painted all red-- FS 21302. I looked at a paint chip online, and the best I can tell it's a somewhat deeper red than insignia red, but not maroon. IPMS-Stockholm list did not show this color. Does anyone have any information on this color or what to use? I do have an old Floquil red (like a "brick red"). Thanks for any help. Joe Vattilana

I got out my FS fan deck and looked it up to see the real chip....it just so happens I just used some Floquil Signal Red on a model and it appears to be a very close match.

001_5.jpg

It is slightly darker and not as bright as insignia red. If you don't have that, I'd simply take insignia red and add a drop or two of black until it matches the color on your decal sheet. Hope this helps.

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges
  • Like 1

Thanks for the information. My local hobby shop didn't have signal red, but I'm going to try for the first time Tru-Color Flat Brick Red. I also bought a bottle of Model Masters Fire Red. Stay tuned . .. .